James Tracy is a Bay Area native and a community organizer. He is co-founder of the San Francisco Community Land Trust and on staff at Community Housing Partnership. He is author of the new book, Dispatches Against Displacement: Field Notes From San Francisco’s Housing Wars, as well as
Hillbilly Nationalists, Urban Race Rebels and Black Power: Community Organizing in Radical Times (co-authored with Amy Sonnie, Meville House Publishers).
ARTICLES IN SHELTERFORCE since jan 08
- Review: More Than Shelter: Activism and Community in San Francisco Public Housing by Amy L. Howard
- Beyond the Box
A movement for second chances takes root.
POSTS ON ROOFLINES
- 19 Jan 17 · Five for the Frontlines: 2016’s Best Books to Prepare for the Fight Ahead
- 16 Feb 16 · Interview with Gabriel Metcalf, author of Democratic by Design
- 25 Nov 15 · Review of The Tenderloin: Sex, Crime & Resistance in the Heart Of San Francisco
- 21 May 15 · A Land Trust Q&A
- 2 Feb 15 · Return to the Roots: Solidarity Networks and Housing Justice
- 17 Dec 14 · Stepping Back From “Stepping Forward”