David Holtzman is a former planner for Louisa County, Virginia, a newspaper reporter, and a former Shelterforce editor.
ARTICLES IN SHELTERFORCE since jan 08
- New and Noted
- Housing for All
With simple design changes and a few added features, an attractive and functional home can be built for people both with or without disabilities.
- Rx for Tenants
Doctors and lawyers team up to help tenants stuck in housing that’s bad for their health
- Planning Beyond the Project
Neighborhood planning allows CDCs to move beyond housing development and become community catalysts.
- Managing the Message
Telling Stories that Support Affordable Housing
POSTS ON ROOFLINES
- 29 Mar 17 · How About Walkable “Small Town-ism?”
- 9 Feb 15 · Control of Farmland, City Style
- 10 Dec 14 · Hubs Help Move the Local Food Movement to the Next Level
- 20 Oct 14 · Do the Roads Belong to All of Us?
- 3 Jul 14 · A Victory for Local Control re: Fracking
- 29 May 14 · Outside Investment or Self-Reliance for Rural Success?
- 29 Apr 14 · A Farm-to-Fork Movement, Starting with the Corner Store
- 3 Sep 13 · Marketing the Farmers’ Market
- 21 Aug 13 · Cape Cod’s Fish Pier is Tourist Bait
- 8 Aug 13 · Have CDCs Created a Dependent Poor Population?
- 25 Jul 13 · Show Up and Be Heard for Rural America